Welcome to the Website for the Canadian Council of University Physical Education and Kinesiology Administrators.
Bienvenue au site Internet du Conseil canadien des administrateurs universitaires en éducation physique et kinésiologie.
To be recognized as the voice of academic leaders on the state of kinesiology, sport and physical and health education in Canada as a sustainable, diverse, accessible and equitable postsecondary sector.
We elevate the academic programming and practices of kinesiology and physical education across Canada with a collaborative community of leaders through accreditation and advocacy.
|Profession of Kinesiology Goals
|Advocacy/ Communication Goals
|Professional Development Goals
1. Continue to review the accreditation criteria, standards and process for relevance, feasibility and accessibility to ensure a high-quality process
2. Continue to embed Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Indigenization (EDII) throughout accreditation requirements
1. Advocate for the profession and the skill sets of a kinesiologist
2. Continue to study, understand, and the value/ transferability of a kinesiology degree to employment markets
1. Have a seat at the table of USport
2. Determine our role on advancing sports/athletics
3. To continue to support issues related to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Indigenization (EDII) in sports and athletics
1. Enhance CCUPEKA’s national voice on Kinesiology, Physical Education, Health Education, Sport and Athletics
2. Promote Kinesiology and Physical Education as a terminal degree with the focus on exercise expertise and the value of exercise to health in order to separate Kinesiology and Physical Education from Health programs
1. To provide a forum for sharing among leaders on issues related to leadership at the director and decanal level
2. To enhance the professional development opportunities provided to academic leaders of Kinesiology and Physical Education programming
Our organization represents the administrators of physical education and kinesiology programs at universities in Canada. Our organization had its beginnings in Ontario in the 1960’s, with the first national meeting in 1971.
Notre organisation représente les administrateurs des programmes d’éducation physique et de kinésiologie dans les universités canadiennes. Notre organisation a connu ses débuts en Ontario dans les années 1960. La première rencontre nationale a eu lieu en 1971.